Search This Blog

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Hush, Hush Series by Becca Fitzpatrick: Hush, Hush



One day, I was in my school library, and I was like, I have no idea what to read! Please recommend something! Someone! Help me! My librarian helped me and suggested I try out the Hush, Hush series. I'm glad I took her advice. At least a 4-star, more likely 5-star rating.
          Genre: Fantasy/Magic/Mystery/Drama/Romance/Angels/Otherworldly/Paranormal

SUMMARY:
          Nora Grey is a sixteen-year-old girl living in Coldwater, Maine. Nora lives in with her mother, Blythe, in an eighteenth century farmhouse located on the outskirts of town. The house, located on Hawthorne Lane, has no neighbors. The year before, her father had been murdered and the house is one of Nora's remaining connections to him.
          Despite that, Nora is an average sixteen-year-old girl. She tries to get good grades, hangs with her best friend, Vee, you know, all the usual. She doesn't care about boys...that is, until she meets Patch.
          Nora finds Patch annoying, but is still drawn to him.
          Patch is always by Nora's side, often saving her when bad things begin to happen. Nora is attacked on the highway by a masked man, another masked assailant attacks Vee after Vee dons Nora's coat, and more than one person breaks into Nora's house.
          Ancient forces are threatening Nora. Patch is one. And there's another...
          A classic girl-meets-otherworldly-guy-and-they-all-in-love story, Becca Fitzpatrick captivates her audience with this dramatic telling of angels, fallen and not fallen. Now I think about it, it reminds me of Twilight by Stephenie Meyer: clues telling that he's dangerous, possibly going to kill you; he's so handsome, can't stop thinking about him; other hints that he isn't human; and otherworldly forces interfering with our love...etc. But trust me, it's a lovely tale.

Hush, Hush quartet: Hush, Hush; Crescendo; Silence; Finale


No comments:

Post a Comment