Search This Blog

Thursday, January 28, 2016

I am the Hermit

I am the Hermit. It's who I am, but you may not know why. It all started in kindergarten; on the first day of school. I was what you'd say...different. I looked different than the other kids. My skin had flaws, which made the other kids ask, "What is that?" After that, I learned to appreciate personal space. That's why I'm claustrophobic and I don't like it when other people stand too close to me.

I eventually made friends, but during the middle of kindergarten. My parents used to push me to make friends, which made me not want to have any. By first grade, I was in a class without my friends. Two of the five of us, moved away, and that just left the three of us. My other two friends were in the same class, which left me alone. It wasn't too bad, some people talked to me, and I guess it was okay. But by then, my "friends" stopped talking to me, playing with me at recess, and made promises they never kept, which is why I'm not very open with people. I was alone for most of my school life. I made another friend, but she was bossy and no one really liked her. We eventually got into a fight and stopped being friends. I was all alone again.

By second grade, I had made some friends. Everything was going well, until they said they needed a break from me. I don't even get why they would say something like that, but they did. So we took a break. And I was alone again. One day, I was talking to some "popular" people, and my friends (the second group) wanted to be friends again, but by then, it was the end of the year.

The next year, I moved to a different school. I thought it could be a fresh start, but old habits stay. I was still the shy, quiet girl. My tormented years made me quiet, shy, and I always look down. I don't want people looking directly at my face. But I learned that I shouldn't judge people, like they did to me, and I learned to keep secrets for people, but then again, I don't share any of my secrets. After I transferred schools, I made a friend, and she has been my friend to this very day.

1 comment: